Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 40 cookies
2 cups paleo flour (Bob’s Red Mill or homemade)
1 cup grass-fed butter, room temp
1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
6 tbsp organic powdered sugar*, plus more for rolling cookies
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add paleo flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in nuts until evenly incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet, leaving an inch between the balls. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom edges.
- Allow to cool only slightly and roll in powdered sugar while cookies are still pretty warm.
- Once cookies are cooled, roll them a second time in the powdered sugar.
*If you would like to avoid sugar, make powdered sugar out of coconut sugar by mixing 1 1/2 cups of coconut sugar with 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoons of arrowroot in a spice or coffee grinder until it turns into powder then proceed with the recipe.