Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-13
Makes about 36 cookies
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup avocado oil
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup paleo flour blend (Bob’s Red Mill or homemade)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup organic powdered sugar for coating*
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut sugar, cocoa powder, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine paleo flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl with wet ingredients until smooth and combined.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Scoop dough with cookie scooper or tablespoon and roll into a ball (dough will be sticky and soft) and roll generously into powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet with enough space for them to spread out a little bit. Bake for about 10-13 minutes, depending on cookie size and individual oven.
- After cooling slightly on cookie sheet, transfer to cooling rack to fully cool.
*If you are trying to avoid sugar, you can make your own powdered sugar by combining 1/2 cup coconut sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot flour/starch in a coffee grinder until its a powder.