Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Serves about 24 cookies
1 cup palm shortening*
1 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup molasses
2 cups paleo flour blend (Bob’s Red Mill or homemade)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Organic cane sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add paleo flour, spices, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine.
- Roll into balls and dip top half into organic cane sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. If baking from the refrigerator, cookies may need an extra minute to bake. Allow to cool (or don’t!) and enjoy.
*Organic palm shortening can be found in most health food stores. Look for ones that contain unrefined coconut oil and unrefined palm oil. Avoid brands that use soybean oil and other vegetable oils.