Chocolate and peanut butter are one of America’s favorite combinations of flavors. This is a recipe that is super easy to make in your very own kitchen, giving you the benefits of clean and healthy ingredients!
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 16 butter cups
1/2 batch of homemade chocolate (get the recipe here or read below)
1/2 cup organic nut butter of your choice (no added oils or sugars)
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
1 tbs pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
How to prepare the chocolate
Note: If using the recipe below, no need to half the recipe. Use the written ingredient amounts.
1/2 cup unrefined organic coconut oil
3 Tbsp organic cacao powder
2 Tbsp raw unfiltered honey
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/4 tsp celtic salt
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan on low heat.
- Once melted, add cacao powder and whisk until combined.
- Add honey, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Continue with nut butter cup recipe recipe
How to prepare the Nut Butter Cups
- Prepare chocolate (with no add-ins) from our Clean and Easy Chocolate Bark recipe
- In a small bowl combine nut butter, salt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a silicone mold or mini baking cups, spoon enough (melted) chocolate to cover the bottom of the mold or cups and place in the freezer to harden.
- Scoop the nut butter mixture into a piping bag or a ziploc bag with the bottom corner cut off.
- Squeeze a little of the nut mixture on top of the hardened chocolate in your mold or cups, smooth or pat down with finger.
- Pour more chocolate on top to cover
- Place in freezer or refrigerator for about an hour and then enjoy!
Notes: Store in freezer or refrigerator to prevent melting.