Chocolate Bark Recipe
Chocolate is a beautiful thing, but unfortunately it’s difficult to find store-bought chocolate without soy and other ingredients we would like to avoid. This chocolate is detox friendly and full of antioxidants from the cacao. So, enjoy guilt-free!
Prep time: 10-15 Minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 40 pieces
1 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup honey
1/4 pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp celtic salt
Optional add-ins/flavors (as shown):
Dried cranberries and walnuts
Chopped almonds and sea salt
Chopped macadamia nuts and coconut flakes
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan on low heat.
- Once melted, add cacao powder and whisk until combined. Add honey, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Add your nut combinations to your chocolate mixture. *
- Line a small pan with parchment paper and pour chocolate mixture in and refrigerate until hardened. Once completely hardened, break apart with either a knife or your hands and enjoy. Store in the freezer for whenever you need a little healthy treat.
This chocolate is made with mostly coconut oil, so it can’t sit out for too long without melting, so be sure to store in the freezer or refrigerator.
* I recommend doing one type of flavor at a time per batch unless you don’t mind your add-ins mixing together. If you wanted to do multiple flavors per one batch, then sprinkle the combinations of things AFTER pouring the chocolate into the pan.