Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
2-3 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
Red onion, sliced
Avocado, cut in wedges or mashed
OPTIONAL: 8 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch sticks. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the fries are baking, form 3-4 patties with the ground beef and press your thumb into the middle to avoid the patty shrinking up. Season with salt and garlic powder.
- In a pan on low heat, add avocado oil, fresh garlic, and rosemary. Cook until rosemary becomes fragrant in the oil mixture, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cook burgers in a skillet on medium-high heat or grill, cooking for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- When the fries are done, immediately drizzle with the rosemary garlic oil and toss to coat.
- If using mushrooms as buns, turn the oven to 450°, and rinse the portobellos. Place them on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Assemble the burger how you like and serve it with sweet potato fries. Enjoy!