Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
2-3 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
Red onion, sliced
Avocado, cut in wedges or mashed
OPTIONAL: 8 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch sticks. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the fries are baking, form 3-4 patties with the ground beef and press your thumb into the middle to avoid the patty shrinking up. Season with salt and garlic powder.
- In a pan on low heat, add avocado oil, fresh garlic, and rosemary. Cook until rosemary becomes fragrant in the oil mixture, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cook burgers in a skillet on medium-high heat or grill, cooking for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- When the fries are done, immediately drizzle with the rosemary garlic oil and toss to coat.
- If using mushrooms as buns, turn the oven to 450°, and rinse the portobellos. Place them on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Assemble the burger how you like and serve it with sweet potato fries. Enjoy!
Click here to print this recipe with the image.
Click here to print this recipe without the image.