Balancing your blood sugar is something many do not think about until they have a dreadful diagnosis like hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) or prediabetes risk, or type 2 diabetes. High blood sugar damages the body and can cause other serious health problems, such as heart disease, vision loss, and kidney disease. Type 2 diabetes can be present for a long time, even years, and many don’t even know it, especially if there aren't any noticeable symptoms, and can be hard to spot. Oftentimes there were signs the body was not managing blood sugar levels properly before a diagnosis is ever made.
Balanced blood sugar is essential as the cells in your body need sugar for energy. Insulin is a hormone that allows your cells to use the circulating sugar in your body and insulin is the most important regulator of your blood sugar levels, but sometimes the body doesn’t make adequate amounts of insulin, called insulin insufficiency, or where it isn’t effectively using insulin because the cells don’t respond normally to the insulin, this is called insulin resistance.
Insulin is a hormone made by your pancreas that acts like a key to let blood sugar into the cells in your body for use as energy. If you become insulin resistant, your pancreas makes more insulin to try to get cells to respond. Eventually, your pancreas can’t keep up, and your blood sugar rises, setting the stage for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
You can be at risk for diabetes if you:
- Are overweight
- Are 45 years or older
- Have a parent, brother, or sister with type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active less than 3 times a week
- Have ever had gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) or given birth to a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds
- Are African American, Hispanic/Latino American, American Indian, or Alaska Native (some Pacific Islanders and Asian Americans are also at higher risk)
- If you have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease you may also be at risk for type 2 diabetes.
Type II Diabetes symptoms:
- Are very thirsty
- Urinate (pee) often and usually at night
- Are losing weight without trying
- Are very hungry
- Experience blurry vision
- Have numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- Feel very tired
- Have very dry skin
- Have slow healing sores
- Have more infections than usual
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) symptoms:
- Feeling anxious, nervousness, and shaking/tremors
- Weakness, dizziness/lightheadedness/sleepiness/blurring of vision
- Hunger or nausea
- Skin manifestations like sweating or chills/pale skin
- Increased heart rate and palpitations
- Increased blood pressure
- Confusion or irritability
High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) symptoms:
- Dry, parched mouth
- Extreme thirst
- Warm, dry skin that doesn’t sweat
- High fever, over 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Vision loss, hallucinations
- Weakness on one side of the body
By reducing blood sugar spikes as well as managing blood sugar, we reduce the damage being done to the circulatory system, kidneys, liver, heart, brain, joints, reproductive system, and eyes, and we slow the process of degeneration. Whether a person has hyperglycemia or has been diagnosed recently or decades ago with type 2 diabetes, it's never too late to take control, you have way more power over your situation than you may realize. It is possible to reverse these conditions naturally without using any prescription medication.
With the right lifestyle changes and supplementation, the body can and in most cases begins to stabilize, reversing blood sugar issues and bringing blood sugar back into the normal range. Supplements along with a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting are the key to regaining control of your condition. The combination of intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet has great benefits including:
- Reduced carbohydrate intake
- Weight loss
- Improved insulin metabolism
- Reduced inflammation
Dr. Nuzum chooses these supplements for his patients to assist the body in balancing blood sugar during intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet.
They are as follows:
Blood Sugar Support for supporting the body's own ability to regulate blood sugar, reducing inflammation, reducing infections, and enhancing insulin sensitivity.
Super Digest for gut health and improved digestion as well as reducing inflammation.
Sugar Metabolizer for improving liver health, sugar metabolism, and overall sugar balance
Super Earth Energy to assist the body on a cellular level for the production of more cellular energy called ATP(adenosine triphosphate)
Understanding and managing your blood sugar is crucial to your overall health. If you have type two diabetes take a look at Dr. Nuzum's Master Class, “Naturally Reversing Type II Diabetes,” where he dives deep into how to reverse it.
When you understand the importance of keeping blood sugar balanced and know the signs of blood sugar issues you will be on your way to correcting and healing the problem. If you need further assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.